In 1890, three Traverse City businessmen, Anton Bartak, Frank Votruba, and Charles Wilhelm, had a vision: build an attractive venue for the community for the purpose of celebrating the arts and to enrich the lives of the people in northern Michigan.
City Opera House presents programs designed to connect people to the arts and each other:
- Performing arts presented in a professionally equipped facility
- Community event space with historic charm and unparalleled service
- Arts Education for Youth
Community support makes it possible for the arts and this historic venue to enrich individual and community life in the Grand Traverse region. Donations from the community are key in realizing the mission of this service organization: to promote and nurture City Opera House as a regional hub for connecting people to the arts and each other.
Your gift of financial support makes a difference as City Opera House strives to serve our community by:
- Presenting quality performing arts at affordable ticket prices for everyone to enjoy.
- Developing tomorrow’s leaders through arts education programs that engage and inspire young people.
- Preserving a beautiful, historic venue as a useful gathering place for our community.
Please invest in your community. Make your gift to City Opera House!