The health and safety of our patrons, artists, and staff is our top priority. City Opera House is engaged in conversations to ensure that we protect all who visit the Opera House.
At this time, all upcoming City Opera House events are in the process of determining if events will be allowed to proceed, reschedule, or cancel under limited terms. Notices or phone calls will be distributed per upcoming events with further information.
By executive order of the Governor the City Opera House will be closed for business through May 28, 2020.
City Opera House will adjust our plans as new information becomes available.
- April 6, Traverse Bay Children’s Advocacy Center
- April 7, TCNewTech, available online
- April 8, Banff Mountain Film Festival
- April 9, NWS: An Evening with Terry McMillan, available online
- April 30-May 2, Traverse City Centennial Rotary Show
- May 18, Ed Slott Live
- May 20, NWS Scott Turrow, available online
- June 11, NWS Elaine Weiss, available online
- June 13, Comedian Greg Hahn
- June 28, NWS Anthony Kronman
- March 21, Scott Bradlee’s Postmodern Jukebox
- April 19, COH Young Playwrights Festival
- April 22, NWS Pam Houston
Rescheduled for December 2
- April 24, The Moth Mainstage
Rescheduled for October 30
- May 4, City Opera House 2020-2021 Season Launch Event
- May 14, NWS Robert Giles
Rescheduled for June 28
- June 20, Broadway Bound! Dear Evan Hansen
Rescheduled to August 7, 2021
- July 7, NWS Mark Nepo
Rescheduled to July 16, 2021
We are taking extra safety measures, including:
For the latest information from the State of Michigan regarding COVID-19, please visit michigan.gov/coronavirus.
Should you have questions or concerns, please contact the City Opera House (231) 941-8082 X 202.
- Extensive cleaning and increased frequency of disinfecting procedures for all high-touch areas such as sanitizing armrests, handrails, door handles, countertops, sinks, faucets, bathroom doors, and other frequently touched surfaces.
- Ensuring all staff are educated in personal washing and cleaning protocols.
- Monitoring the health of our staff and enforcing those who are symptomatic to stay home.
- Asking staff to limit contact with patron’s personal items such as mobile devices and tickets.