City Opera House is transitioning back to live events, based on the State mandate, lightening restrictions.
IMPORTANT to read prior to purchasing tickets.
Due to Covid-19 and current State of Michigan mandates, below are some things you need to know and how we are handling State mandates and the health and safety of our patrons. We look forward to the return of live performances and, hopefully, in the very near future we can again be at full capacity or close to it. Based on Governor Whitmer's press announce May 21st, COH can operate at 50% capacity as of June 1 and is looking to be at 100% capacity on July 1. With those guidelines, we will cautiously move forward.
For events on sale now, please note:
- Due to low staffing presently, the City Opera House box office will be open Monday through Friday, 10am-2pm, for phone and walk-in service, beginning Tuesday, June 1. You may also purchase via our website at www.CityOperaHouse.org.
- We are expecting full capacity around July 1, but still taking safety measures seriously. We would ask that you always bring a mask, just in case it's determined you need to wear it for the event.
- Refer to safety precautions below for further information.
COH protocol includes:
- Extensive cleaning and increased frequency of disinfecting procedures for all high-touch areas such as sanitizing armrests, handrails, door handles, countertops, sinks, faucets, bathroom doors, and other frequently touched surfaces.
- Ensuring all staff are educated in personal washing and cleaning protocols.
- Monitoring the health of our staff and enforcing those who are symptomatic to stay home.
- Asking staff to limit contact with patron’s personal items such as mobile devices and tickets.
For the latest information from the State of Michigan regarding COVID-19, please visit michigan.gov/coronavirus.
Should you have questions or concerns, please contact the City Opera House (231) 941-8082 X 202.